EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > FastMail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

FastMail Forum All posts relating to FastMail.FM should go here: suggestions, comments, requests for help, complaints, technical issues etc.

Old 20 Sep 2007, 04:29 PM   #1
MikeL
Essential Contributor

Question Is there a list of FastMail's domains here?

FastMail is blocked at work (I'm a night security guard these days, which is a long story), but I discovered that if I went in by way of mailbolt.com (where my own address lives), it would let me in. But this morning, I inadvertently clicked on "Secure Login", and I got the block page (it categorizes FastMail as a spam site; Hotmail and the like are not blocked!). Now I get it every time I navigate to mailbolt.com; apparently, the net nanny has associated mailbolt.com with FastMail.fm now. I'm able to get in by navigating to mailhaven.com and logging in with my email address at mailbolt.com, but in case I blunder again, can someone point me at a list of FastMail's domains that is not hosted on FastMail itself?

Thanks,
Mike
MikeL is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 20 Sep 2007, 10:10 PM   #2
ewal
Master of the @

Mike

here is a listing of all Fastmail domains.

AFAIK, by clicking on secure Login you automatically use the Fastmail SSL certificate. This is done automatically via a redirect to Fastmail.fm. I believe it is simply too expensive for Fastmail to purchase certificates for each and every domain they own, thus they use the redirect method.

It is a pity that your work's net nanny seem to automatically associate the other Fastmail owned domains to Fastmail.fm in the way you describe.

By the way all Fastmail's domains point to the same servers (in NYC), the problem you are getting is the association via the SSL certificate. As far as I understand it.

Ed
ewal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Sep 2007, 12:17 AM   #3
denverharless
Cornerstone of the Community

Hmm. I noticed that fastmail.net is not listed on the Wikki. I helped with the original categorized list on the forums, but have not yet learned how to edit the wikki. Would someone else mind to add that domain. Are there any others?
denverharless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Sep 2007, 01:46 AM   #4
Sherry

Quote:
Originally Posted by denverharless View Post
Are there any others?
I may have missed some but I think this list is up to date?

FastMail Domains

Sherry
Sherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Sep 2007, 08:37 AM   #5
BritTim
The "e" in e-mail

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeL View Post
FastMail is blocked at work (I'm a night security guard these days, which is a long story), but I discovered that if I went in by way of mailbolt.com (where my own address lives), it would let me in. But this morning, I inadvertently clicked on "Secure Login", and I got the block page (it categorizes FastMail as a spam site; Hotmail and the like are not blocked!). Now I get it every time I navigate to mailbolt.com; apparently, the net nanny has associated mailbolt.com with FastMail.fm now. I'm able to get in by navigating to mailhaven.com and logging in with my email address at mailbolt.com, but in case I blunder again, can someone point me at a list of FastMail's domains that is not hosted on FastMail itself?

Thanks,
Mike
I suspect the net nanny has no association between mailbolt.com and fastmail.fm. Having used fstmail.fm secure login once, that fact is stored in a cookie and the secure login page is automatically displayed in future. Try to delete the cookie and see if that resolves the problem.
BritTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Sep 2007, 08:19 PM   #6
MikeL
Essential Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BritTim View Post
I suspect the net nanny has no association between mailbolt.com and fastmail.fm. Having used fstmail.fm secure login once, that fact is stored in a cookie and the secure login page is automatically displayed in future. Try to delete the cookie and see if that resolves the problem.
Yeah, I thought of that, so I wiped out my entire private data in Firefox and rebooted. Still blocks mailbolt.com.

Thanks to all who responded; I'll bookmark this thread!

-Mike
MikeL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Sep 2007, 09:53 PM   #7
BritTim
The "e" in e-mail

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeL View Post
Yeah, I thought of that, so I wiped out my entire private data in Firefox and rebooted. Still blocks mailbolt.com.

Thanks to all who responded; I'll bookmark this thread!

-Mike
If you are already aware of this, I am sorry to preach to the choir, but 'Clear Private Data', if you are using default settings in Firefox, does not clear cookies. I have seen others caught out by this. You need to go to the Options Privacy tab, then either update the settings for Private Data or click on 'Show cookies' and remove the cookies from there.
BritTim is offline   Reply With Quote