EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Discussions about Email Services > Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous Share your opinion of the email service you're using. Post general email questions and discussions that don't fit elsewhere.

Old 25 Feb 2024, 05:09 PM   #31
janusz
The "e" in e-mail

Thank you for the explanation.
janusz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Feb 2024, 12:24 AM   #32
TenFour
Master of the @

Here's a pretty good discussion of email alias forwarding services: https://www.privacyguides.org/en/ema...asing-services
TenFour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Feb 2024, 08:59 PM   #33
TenFour
Master of the @

Quote:
I wish there was a way to change the forwarding address without receiving an email at the forwarding address. If for some reason you lost access to the forwarding address you can't change it in order to still keep receiving the DDG aliases.
In answer to my own complaint above, I found this information on the DDG Help Pages:
Quote:
DuckDuckGo Email Protection / Troubleshooting
I've lost access to my forwarding address, how do I change it to my new one?
Contact support@duck.com (note that email address ends in duck.com, not duckduckgo.com) and then reply to the autoreply with these details: your Personal Duck Address, current forwarding address, and the new forwarding address you would like to change it to.
https://duckduckgo.com/duckduckgo-he...rding-account/

Does that sound safe? If someone knew both your DDG main address and your forwarding address couldn't they just email support to get your forwarding address changed?
Old 29 Feb 2024, 07:24 PM   #34
evfrson

I experience emails that have definitely been sent never arriving at my duck.com address.
evfrson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Mar 2024, 07:16 AM   #35
TenFour
Master of the @

Quote:
I experience emails that have definitely been sent never arriving at my duck.com address.
You must mean they never arrive at your forwarding address that DDG sends the emails to. There is no way of knowing if DDG ever received them. I have never lost an email that I know of, and I use DDG addresses for quite a few things, including some banking and credit cards that regularly send me important messages.
Old 14 Mar 2024, 12:40 PM   #36
pjroutledge

Sites refusing @duck.com email addresses

This week's 'Security Now' podcast mentions that a listener Mark Jones has had his @duck.com email address/alias refused at a couple of sites.

The podcast goes on to speculate that this might be a sign of things to come, ie that recognised forwarding service aliases are increasingly likely to be rejected.
pjroutledge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Mar 2024, 08:36 PM   #37
TenFour
Master of the @

Quote:
a listener Mark Jones has had his @duck.com email address/alias refused at a couple of sites.
I've encountered the same problem. Interesting that services will reject certain email addresses. What right do they have to determine what email addresses we can use? In my case it was a couple of unimportant services, but still annoying. OTOH, I've been able to use Duck addresses with banks, credit cards, government agencies, and tax preparers. Not sure it is a good idea, but they do work for most things.