EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > FastMail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

FastMail Forum All posts relating to FastMail.FM should go here: suggestions, comments, requests for help, complaints, technical issues etc.

Old 5 May 2021, 12:14 AM   #1
geedee

syncing fastmail cal to google cal

Hello --
Is there a correct way to do this that I'm missing?

My issue is this: I share the Fastmail calendar URL to Google Cal. The Fastmail calendar initially shows up correctly in Google calendar.

However, when I then add a calendar item to Fastmail, the Google calendar doesn't update. The new event doesn't appear. I wait, refresh, etc.

Is this normal? Do they not sync automatically?
geedee is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 7 May 2021, 02:55 AM   #2
sflorack
The "e" in e-mail

I used to do that a while ago, so I can't remember if I even had a problem with syncing. I've since switched over to having Google host the calendar, and have FM syncing to Google. (May be an option if you can't get it working.)

I usually notice a delay of 10-20 seconds syncing Google to FM, but much longer syncing FM to Google (2-3 minutes or more). It's therefore likely it's a Google "problem".
sflorack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 May 2021, 11:19 PM   #3
geedee

Quote:
Originally Posted by sflorack View Post
I used to do that a while ago, so I can't remember if I even had a problem with syncing. I've since switched over to having Google host the calendar, and have FM syncing to Google. (May be an option if you can't get it working.)

I usually notice a delay of 10-20 seconds syncing Google to FM, but much longer syncing FM to Google (2-3 minutes or more). It's therefore likely it's a Google "problem".
I appreciate it. If you have time, would you very briefly bullet how you have Google host the FM calendar?
geedee is offline   Reply With Quote