EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > Runbox Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

Runbox Forum Everything related to Runbox should go here: suggestions, comments, complaints, questions, technical issues, etc.

Old 22 Aug 2017, 06:48 AM   #1
adam1991

Moving emails to folders--not working

As it sits at this moment, I cannot move an email to a folder. Not in Firefox, not in Chrome. And I know this worked just the other day...

EDIT: for some reason, this just worked (I've been trying all afternoon) . Is it me not grabbing it close enough to the center of the subject or something?

While I have your attention: this is part of a batch of emails that I would REALLY like to move all at once, instead of one at a time.I know that I can select emails as a group, but I can only delete or mark that group--I can't move them, can I?
adam1991 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 22 Aug 2017, 09:17 PM   #2
FredOnline
The "e" in e-mail

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam1991 View Post
As it sits at this moment, I cannot move an email to a folder. Not in Firefox, not in Chrome. And I know this worked just the other day...

EDIT: for some reason, this just worked (I've been trying all afternoon) . Is it me not grabbing it close enough to the center of the subject or something?
Yes, I've also had this happen to me from time to time, if you don't "grab" the e-mail by its subject correctly.

To test, I just tried to move a batch (well, 3 e-mails really!) from my inbox to another folder and it worked.

I selected the 3 e-mails (checkbox), then "grabbed" the top e-mail and then dragged to another folder. Although the first e-mail only appeared to be highlighted, all 3 did transfer successfully.
FredOnline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Aug 2017, 11:44 PM   #3
janusz
The "e" in e-mail

As a last resort, switch to Runbox Basic (at the bottom of the screen). There it's simply selecting the message(s) and the folder and clicking "move messages"
janusz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Aug 2017, 10:35 PM   #4
kservik
Cornerstone of the Community

Representative of:
Runbox.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by adam1991 View Post
While I have your attention: this is part of a batch of emails that I would REALLY like to move all at once, instead of one at a time.I know that I can select emails as a group, but I can only delete or mark that group--I can't move them, can I?
Just tick the box of one email, hold down shift and tick the next in the sequence you want to include and you have marked every email inbetween.

If you have a problem with moving, then make sure you use the subject to drag. If you still have problems

Kim
kservik is offline   Reply With Quote