EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Discussions about Email Services > Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous Share your opinion of the email service you're using. Post general email questions and discussions that don't fit elsewhere.

Old 10 Oct 2020, 10:12 AM   #16
Csin

Tried it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TenFour View Post
Frome the makers of the Edison email app. https://www.onmail.com/
Already have a paid email (posteo). Not free, so I'll pass...at $4.95 a month it's pricey too.
Csin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Oct 2020, 07:27 PM   #17
HollyRMalin

I think its an app right ?

I think its an app am I right or wrong ?
HollyRMalin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Oct 2020, 02:58 AM   #18
TenFour
Master of the @

It looks like you can request an invite code for the free version from the pricing page on the OnMail website here: https://www.onmail.com/onmailpricing

I used my invite code to create a free account to check out. I will say that setup is easy, the interface is clean, and so far it is easy to use. Apparently you get a free domain if you want to sign up for one of the paid levels, but I don't see any information on who owns the domain and what would happen if you were to move away from OnMail. However, there are those privacy worries as listed previously in the thread. Their scanning of your information is supposed to be disconnected from you, but it does make you think. Not sure if it is really any different than what Gmail does. I haven't tried it long enough to check out how good the automatic email sorting or the search is, but I have used the Edison app in the past and it was quite good at it. Sort of like the old Inbox by Google, but on steroids. Once you are finished with an email, you check Done and the email goes off to a folder automatically. Might be a great service for those that like Inbox zero. I would be concerned about how it works with other email services and migrating away might be interesting. There doesn't appear to be any way to forward emails.
TenFour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 Nov 2020, 10:35 PM   #19
galiver60

I would like an invite too. Can anyone spare me one?
galiver60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 Nov 2020, 10:49 PM   #20
TenFour
Master of the @

Quote:
I would like an invite too. Can anyone spare me one?
See the post above.

Quote:
It looks like you can request an invite code for the free version from the pricing page on the OnMail website here: https://www.onmail.com/onmailpricing
Old 27 Apr 2021, 11:20 AM   #21
ccl1
Essential Contributor

I signed up like a year ago to be put on a waiting list, and finally got an email that I could set up an account
ccl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Apr 2021, 04:26 PM   #22
janusz
The "e" in e-mail

You better enjoy your account, having waited one year to get it
janusz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Apr 2021, 08:31 AM   #23
webecedarian
Essential Contributor

I hate when the sign-up forums don't tell you everything up front about what to expect, but make you click through until you belatedly find a problem.
webecedarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Apr 2021, 01:01 PM   #24
truemagic

Another webmail that still doesn't offer 2FA or MFA, safeswiss is another. IMHO 2FA is so important nowadays to protect your online 'asset', it will continue protect you even if you're using an easy password.
truemagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Jun 2021, 07:14 PM   #25
trussrod

Seems like they updated the pricing plans:

https://i.imgur.com/WWukskR.png

And added dark mode!
trussrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 Jun 2021, 03:16 AM   #26
trussrod

2FA was added today - although only via SMS
trussrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 Jun 2021, 04:18 AM   #27
jtayd

For once interface is clear but having to press your initials to get your preferences isn’t clear
jtayd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Jan 2022, 08:54 PM   #28
TenFour
Master of the @

I logged into my free account yesterday, which I don't really use for anything much. A couple of additional facts might be useful to know. One is that they provide 10GB of storage even on free accounts. That's quite good these days. The interface is simplistic to the point of minimalism, but I like that. You can get a domain included if you upgrade to "Personal" at $4.99 a month or $49.99 per year. The attachment size then goes up to 250mb from 100mb on the free account. You can also link your existing domain to a Personal account. But, if I understand the help documents correctly you only get one email address per Personal account. You have to upgrade to Professional at $99.99 a year to add other "users" to your domain. Still it is unclear to me if you can or can't just add additional aliases to your domain that deliver to your one inbox at the Personal level. I'm going to email support about that. Another thing I noticed is that there is a banner on the website that says, "Edison products are now joining the Yipit family." My opinion is that this is an email service created for people who want ultimate simplicity for a single address, and don't care about the usual bells and whistles you get with many other accounts at the same price points.

Last edited by TenFour : 23 Jan 2022 at 09:00 PM.
Old 24 Jan 2022, 12:52 AM   #29
janusz
The "e" in e-mail

Quote:
Originally Posted by TenFour View Post
there is a banner on the website that says, "Edison products are now joining the Yipit family."
Is this good, or bad, or indifferent?
janusz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Jan 2022, 02:38 PM   #30
floatinghermit

Just to confirm, sign ups are now fully open for the free plan.

I recently signed up for this, and slowly starting to use it. I don't see a way to get my emails out right now, so I'm essentially just forwarding a subset of my mails into this account to try it out.

It definitely looks promising, and I think this might potentially replace gmail for me. Funnily, I'm planning to only use this for service sign ups and such in the hope that it'll somehow help me to actually see important emails. Let's see how that goes!
floatinghermit is offline   Reply With Quote