EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Discussions about Email Services > Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous Share your opinion of the email service you're using. Post general email questions and discussions that don't fit elsewhere.

Old 14 Apr 2003, 08:40 AM   #16
SAS
Cornerstone of the Community

Do you know where this 'fuel gauge' is? I can't find it.
SAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Apr 2003, 09:17 AM   #17
Spin
The "e" in e-mail

Its under where it says unseen 0 seen 0, towards the top right hand corner. Like the percent of the space you have used. Im really getting to like burntmail!

Spin
Spin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Apr 2003, 09:35 AM   #18
SAS

Okay, found it. Thanks!! I have my text size set large and didn't scroll far enough to the right. I agree...it is a very nice mail program. I've been using it for quite awhile.
Old 14 Apr 2003, 10:12 AM   #19
Spin
The "e" in e-mail

I really like burntmail too. It reminds me of MailSnare. It has real fast support too. Glad I was a help too you to find the bar.

Spin
Old 14 Apr 2003, 10:15 AM   #20
SAS

If the date wasn't so large, I wouldn't have had a problem finding it. I wish there was a way to adjust the date, like we can adjust the sender and subject columns. It is the same as Mailsnare's VO interface. That's why I like it.
Old 14 Apr 2003, 10:17 AM   #21
Spin
The "e" in e-mail

I am really starting to like Visual Office. Besides MailSnare, and Burntmail, do you know of any other email providers that use Visual Office? Thanks,

Spin
Old 14 Apr 2003, 10:40 AM   #22
SAS

Central pets is the same. But it doesn't have as many options. No forwarding or POP.
Old 16 Apr 2003, 01:01 AM   #23
ckirk

Representative of:
BurntMail.com
Hello!

Hey - One of you guys pointed out this message board and asked if I could pop in and answer some questions - so here it goes!

Q: Their Options screen is really uncomfortable. You cannot go back to Inbox or anywhere.

A: The menu-bar should always be there on the left, and can take you to just about anywhere (including back to the Inbox).

Q: Hmm... so will the free accounts remain free even after this becomes a paid service?

A: Sorry - I'll eventually need to charge everone. Currently, I've made arrangements to get our rackspace and bandwidth for free. Once they start charging me, I'll need to start charging you guys. BurntMail isn't a part of a huge company or anything.. All the expenses have come out of my pocket, so far. But anyways - There are enough of us that I shouldn't need to charge very much at all to keep things afloat

Q: There is no time option for retrieving mail. It can only be done manually.

A: In short, it checks it when your logged into the webmail front-end. If you want it updated as you get the email in the other account, you may want to look into having your email forwarded. Most ISP's should be able to do that without a problem.

In recent news - I'm working on a configuration section for the spam-filtering that is setup on the system. I have 3 parts to write - finished the first of them last night. It shouldn't take too long to get the others together.

Anyways - Back to work!

--
Cliff Kirk
ckirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Apr 2003, 04:19 AM   #24
Spin
The "e" in e-mail

I have a suggestion. I know burntmail uses Visual Office, but I thought Visual Office had a calendar? Is there anyway burntmail could get a Calendar? It is very convienient to have one in an email account. Thanks,

Spin
Old 16 Apr 2003, 07:49 AM   #25
ckirk

Representative of:
BurntMail.com
Q: Is there anyway burntmail could get a Calendar?

A: Mintersoft wants about $600 US for the calendar feature - It's a bit on the pricy side since I've only had a few people ask about it in the past year.. Anyone feel like throwing a pile of cash my way for a calendar? Actually, a friend of mine is looking into writing one from scratch - but he has a few projects on his list from me already, so it won't be done right away if he does decide to do it
ckirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Apr 2003, 07:52 AM   #26
Spin
The "e" in e-mail

Ok thanks for answering my question. Burntmail is my main email now. I cant wait for more features to come out. Any more questions about the service and I will post them.

Spin
Old 28 Apr 2003, 05:30 AM   #27
Spin
The "e" in e-mail

Arrow *BURNTMAIL UPDATE*

Quote:
System News!
Recent Events:
The new Anti-Spam config area is done! It's under Configuration, Anti-Spam Settings - That was just too much fun to get working!

Last Updated: Apr 27/2003
If you have a Burntmail account log in and check out the new spam filtering settings. Its really awesome! Lets you customize on a level (minimal, low, medium, high, excessive), and gives a 3-20 level on spam assassin. Check it out!

Spin
Old 30 Apr 2003, 05:10 AM   #28
mailboy
Essential Contributor

I just found from their FAQ that the logo is a gun.
I stopped using it.
mailboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Apr 2003, 05:47 AM   #29
chap

Quote:
Originally posted by mailboy
I just found from their FAQ that the logo is a gun.
I stopped using it.
I agree. I suggest them to change the logo.
chap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Apr 2003, 06:33 AM   #30
Spin
The "e" in e-mail

I dont mind it at all. Well, in school when I check my mail I mind, but other then that I like the icon.

Spin