EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > FastMail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

FastMail Forum All posts relating to FastMail.FM should go here: suggestions, comments, requests for help, complaints, technical issues etc.

Old 12 Sep 2018, 10:18 PM   #1
FredOnline
The "e" in e-mail

FastMail File Storage

Noticed there was a problem with the file storage earlier today:

File storage and related features (user websites, FTP, WebDAV and attachment upload) are unavailable. Service will be restored in a few minutes.

I've noticed that, sometimes, when uploading files via the webmail account interface, it sometimes takes quite a while (minutes?) to upload files.

I've also noticed if I use FileZilla instead to upload files to the file storage, it happens much quicker.

Anyone else noticed this?
FredOnline is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 13 Sep 2018, 08:43 AM   #2
Berenburger
The "e" in e-mail

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredOnline View Post
I've noticed that, sometimes, when uploading files via the webmail account interface, it sometimes takes quite a while (minutes?) to upload files.

Anyone else noticed this?
Yes.____________
Berenburger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Sep 2018, 12:33 PM   #3
BritTim
The "e" in e-mail

I have noticed with many file upload services (including local NAS) the browser interface to complete the upload is very slow compared to, for example, a regular FTP client. I suspect this has to do with the inefficiencies inherent in transmitting packets via the browser, but have never found a reference that discusses this.

EDIT: Note that although using a non browser client is best, my own experience has suggested that in browser uploads are faster in Firefox than either Chrome or Edge.

Last edited by BritTim : 13 Sep 2018 at 08:00 PM.
BritTim is offline   Reply With Quote