View Single Post
Old 15 Oct 2021, 10:35 PM   #2
TenFour
Master of the @

Email forwarding services seem to be popping up all over--I thought email forwarding was supposed to be dead! This could be a useful service, but the proof is in the performance or lack thereof--I have not used it so can't say anything about that. One problem with these services where you create addresses on the fly is how do you keep track of all the email addresses you are using? I find that sometimes I need to do something like check on an order I placed maybe last year and even with a limited number of addresses it is often a guessing game. Frankly, with Gmail's spam filtering being so good I almost never see one in my Inbox and if I do I can eliminate it quite quickly by telling Gmail. I do see some false positives in Gmail's Spam folder, but for me it is only maybe five or six a month. I just check the folder on occasion and it is good. I'm not sure why, but I am getting very little Spam these days. I just checked and my Gmail Spam folder only contains seven items for the last month (they get automatically deleted after 30 days).
TenFour is offline   Reply With Quote