View Single Post
Old 6 Aug 2018, 08:29 AM   #380
n5bb
Intergalactic Postmaster

Google has never supported their forum here at EMD. Edwin (owner of EMD) doesn’t visit any more. That doesn’t make these forums unimportant. If you don’t think they are useful just don’t read them.

As far as FastMail is concerned, the founders posted here often when their company was very small. They are much larger today and this forum is not the proper location for them to provide customer support. They have a staff dedicated to resolving customer support tickets. The CEO of FastMail (Bron Gondwana) has made a number of posts this year, and the latest was two months ago.

If you look at their leadership team at https://www.fastmail.com/about/company.html, you will find that half of that team (4 out of 8) have each made over 1,000 posts to EMD. Rob Mueller has made over 6,000 posts. But these are company leaders who don’t now have the time or inclination to spend time here. Do you expect the leaders of Google or Yahoo to spend time on this forum? Fastmail isn’t that large, but they have grown far too large to rely on this forum. That doesn’t make the forum obsolete. If Edwin followed your suggestion I guess he could delete all posts older than a few months in all sub forums, since they are “out of date”.

Message boards like EMD are not very popular. I doubt a single friend, work colleague, or family member of mine has ever read a post here. It’s a left-over from 1980’s message boards.
n5bb is offline   Reply With Quote