View Single Post
Old 14 Dec 2007, 07:24 AM   #6
beq
Cornerstone of the Community

Quote:
Originally Posted by hadaso View Post
... allow blocking by matching the recipient address with a pattern.
FYI I saw that Lavabit advertises this capability:

http://lavabit.com/features.html
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lavabit
Whitelisting
... The Lavabit e-mail server allows users to configure regular expressions that are then compared to a sender’s address. If a match is found, the message is allowed through. ...

Blacklisting
Our e-mail server supports using regular expressions to block unwanted e-mail at the server. If a message matches a provided regular expression, the server can be configured to mark the message as 'SPAM', delete it or bounce the message back to the sender with an explanation.
I had a free account from the Nerdshack days, but whitelisting/blacklisting is only available for Lavabit's $8/yr and $16/yr paid accounts. Sounds interesting though and I'm tempted to try (I understand they've just released code supporting IMAP, and Squirrelmail webmail and eventually custom webmail will be coming next year).

Quote:
Originally Posted by hadaso View Post
... creating for many domains a catchall alias that is targeted at *@certaindomain and then defining the aliases to be blocked only for this domain ...
Good idea, works for me at FM.

Strange thing is that I thought this has been working for me at Tuffmail too, but I just retested and it (no longer?) works. I define a reject adress in domain1, and have domain2 forward to domain1. But mail sent to reject@domain2 doesn't get rejected at the RCPT TO stage as expected.
beq is offline   Reply With Quote