View Single Post
Old 7 Aug 2021, 05:27 PM   #36
JeremyNicoll
Essential Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SethM View Post
What exactly is too obscure? There's one page on the website for mail services... everything is on there that I'm aware of.

Does the comparison table not work on your browser for the different service levels?
As a bystander reading this thread, yesterday I went to your website to form a view of how easy it is to understand your information.

My first impression was puzzlement; I could see that "Basic" had fewer ticks than the rest, but that seemed to be the only difference. It didn't make sense.

It was only later that I noticed that the table can be scrolled sideways which was not /immediately/ obvious.

I think that's because the scrollbar is pale grey whereas everything else is a sea of more-eye-catching blue. Also (revisiting it just now) I notice that if one opens the page in a narrow view in a browser one is very likely to see a partial set of column titles, eg

"Monthly Price .... SMTP Redirection Mail Ho"

(note the last of those), which expands if you drag the window wider and at least hints that there's more info to the right, but if the window is wide enough one sees an apparently 'complete' set of column titles

"Monthly Price ... Outbound Mail Mail Content Filtering"

ALSO the background colour of the column title banner stops at that point which implies you've reached the rh end of the table. If you're focussed on the column titles (rather than looking to the foot of the table where the really expensive options are shown), you might never see the horizontal scroll bar.

At the very least you should add a hint (just /before/ the table) saying the table needs to be scrolled sideways to see all the differences.

I think it'd be better though if you reversed the rows and columns, so that one merely scrolls down the page to see more and more aspects of the differences between different cost levels.
JeremyNicoll is offline   Reply With Quote