View Single Post
Old 27 Dec 2016, 12:34 AM   #1
correo

Fastmail seems almost perfect

I am this close to moving my personal domain to fastmail. I love the technical expertise and security emphasis (esp. regarding spf/dkim/dmarc). The web interface is lightning fast and has awesome functionality. The features (tons of aliases), rock solid stability, honestly a top notch service.

The only reservation I have is that I would like some option to encrypt my Inbox. I believe fastmail says that data is encrypted at rest, but these servers are always up, right? So that seems moot, unless I misunderstand. One of the main reasons I am moving from more mainstream services is to eliminate the possibility of my e-mail provider accessing my mail. I literally don't want them able to read them at all. I have read fastmail's reasoning why they believe it's important to be able to access my mails, but I have no need to search mails on the web interface, or use any of the other organizational features through webmail interface. I use Thunderbird and K-9 Mail on my phone and can search there easily. I would only access through a browser occassionally.

Given that fastmail is in the US & Australia, I would like them to be unable to reveal the contents of my Inbox or any folder to anyone, because it was encrypted.

Maybe someone wants to make my day and tell me that I'm misinformed, and that fastmail cannot access my mails on their server? If so, I will be signing up right away. If not, I will likely go with a mailbox.org or posteo and keep my eye on fastmail to see if they offer this type of feature in the future.

But for sure, a superlative service.
correo is offline   Reply With Quote