View Single Post
Old 7 Dec 2020, 06:52 AM   #9
webecedarian
Essential Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricG View Post
People keep saying that creating Google account requires a phone number. This is not true! (in my country)

I've filled in the first page of account creation and the second page says phone and recovery email are (optional). Only birth date is required. Here is the help page.
Sorry if I wasn't clear. Gmail permitted me to create an account without a phone. But when I logged in from another city, it demanded a telephone number EVEN THOUGH THEY DIDN'T HAVE ONE ON FILE FOR ME.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mister View Post
Loved the Gmail tip. The rest of the article seems to have lots of disposable email. and be written by a bot Anyone want to try using www.freephonenum.com to sign up for a few and reporting back. BTW I detest phone verification.
I detest phone verification, too. Two reasons for me. One is that it eliminates privacy for anyone giving their real number (and creates an impossible situation for future verification if you use a throwaway number). Two is that if you don't use a cell phone, some set-ups make it impossible to verify at a later point - like for the Craigslist site.
webecedarian is offline   Reply With Quote