View Single Post
Old 16 May 2017, 08:01 PM   #7
Ubtree

Quote:
Originally Posted by gardenweed View Post
Create a Personality (now called an Identity) with a * before the @
Eg *@yourdomain

Give it a nickname like "editablefrom" or whatever you like.

When composing or replying to an email, click this personality in the From drop-down menu.
You will find that this gives you the ability to now edit the From address.
Thank you for this. It's perfect !

Quote:
Originally Posted by n5bb View Post
This works very well for subdomain addressing.
  • In Settings>Mail>Preferences, set When replying to "Reply from the same account the message was sent to"
  • Now if you have an identity of the form *@alias.domain.com and receive an incoming message to test@alias.domain.com, when you reply the From address will be set to the incoming To address (test@alias.domain.com). You can also change the From address if you wish on the Compose screen.
  • This means that your replies to a random subdomain address (which you might have created on the fly) will automatically use the correct From address.
  • If you had not added that wildcard subdomain identity, the reply in this case would be from the underlying alias (alias@domain.com).
Bill
Thank you, also. I already had this set up for the Classic interface, but (as you say) it has been replying from the underlying alias since I moved to the Modern interface this week. With the *@yourdomain identity set up, this functionality is restored.

2 issues resolved for the price of 1
I'm now feeling much happier about the Modern interface.
Ubtree is offline   Reply With Quote