View Single Post
Old 9 Nov 2018, 10:13 PM   #17
jhollington
Essential Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by NumberSix View Post
Holy moly! This possibly explains my recent dissatisfaction with the spam learning... I haven't emptied my Spam folder for quite a long time. Thanks for the explanation!
Heh, no problem. It's an easy trap to fall into, since most email clients/systems kind of work the opposite way. I also think that maybe once upon a time Fastmail actually did set the spam folder to auto-learn, but I can't remember for sure. I know that I personally had it set that way for a very long time, until I realized that I was doing my Bayes database a disservice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by n5bb View Post
You can set the properties for a folder so that unpinned messages in that folder are auto-purged (permanently deleted) after a chosen time interval So you could set the auto-purge delay to 7 days and know that your personal Bayes database would be updated, giving you a week to check for false positives.
This is exactly what I do, since I primarily use an IMAP client. I avoid manually deleting anything from the spam folder, and just let Fastmail do its thing. After seven days, whatever is left in there gets learned as spam.
jhollington is offline   Reply With Quote