View Single Post
Old 29 Mar 2024, 11:51 PM   #10
CyberSmurf

I cannot comment on what is better.

I was really happy with my Telus (ISP) mail accounts because I could easily create and delete aliases myself. In 2021 Telus changed to GMail. It is different from a free GMail account. I am still allowed 30 aliases, but I have to go through the Telus postmaster if I want to add or delete an alias. I haven't changed my aliases since the migration to GMail.

In 2023 Internic.ca changed their email hosting so that there are no more wild cards, but I am allowed 50 aliases per email account. I can add or delete aliases as I wish. I greatly prefer having aliases over the wildcard option.

I haven't experimented with it much, but I appear to be allowed 10 aliases with my GMX.com email account. This might be the best option for obfuscating addresses that spammers could send to because I can edit both sides of the @ when creating an alias.
My myname@gmx.ca alias is totally different from my real account@gmx.com account. If I were to use another alias on a website, it would take some effort to find my myname@gmx.ca alias.
CyberSmurf is offline   Reply With Quote