View Single Post
Old 18 Oct 2020, 05:58 AM   #1
m46ah_30
Essential Contributor

Can't write a rule to serve 2 conditions

This posting took considerable time to write because even though it is easy for me to understand what I want to accomplish it is difficult for me to explain it...

I need to write a organization rule that must deal with 2 conditions from 1 header in different ways:

If messages come from (i.e.) "service@XXX_XXXX.com", I want them all to always be moved on arrival to the folder created to receive mail from "service@XXX_XXXX.com". They usually are!

If messages arrive addressed to a fastmail alias (i.e.) "So_&_So@fastmail.whatever", I want all the messages addressed in that way (and there are many of them) to be moved to the folder for that alias. They almost always are except when the messages are from "service@..." and are addressed to "So_&_So@...". I want messages from "service@..." that are sent only to "So_&_So@..." to be moved to the folder created for the sender instead of the recipient; then they are NOT. I want messages from this specific sender's address to ALWAYS receive priority in their destination, regardless of recipient. When from is this particular sender and to is this particular recipient, recipient is now being given priority and I can't figure out how to write a rule to make it otherwise. I'm hoping that someone else may be able to.
m46ah_30 is offline   Reply With Quote