View Single Post
Old 14 May 2018, 05:30 AM   #12
TenFour
Master of the @

Quote:
are you saying that I could use my emails in Gandi through Fastmail without needing to register the domain, only pointing records?.
I'm not using a domain in Fastmail now, so how can I create in FM the identity or email account with the domain I currently have in Gandi?
I'm sure Fred will respond too, but he is saying that! You can leave your domain hosted at Gandi, then change the MX records and possibly setup SPF and DKIM too, and have your email handled by Fastmail, both sending and receiving. In fact, I would recommend in most cases keeping your domain hosted at a separate company from where your email is hosted just in case, God forbid, the email service company goes down or out of business. You could then quickly change the settings at Gandi and be up and running at another email service provider quite quickly. Or, in the more likely scenario, you just find you don't like the email service for one reason or another you can more easily make the switch to another provider in a matter of minutes. It often takes a day or two at least to switch domain hosts.
TenFour is offline   Reply With Quote