View Single Post
Old 13 Mar 2024, 09:05 PM   #10
TenFour
Master of the @

Quote:
So the most sensible thing for most people is to just relax, leave their false illusions behind, look around and stroll around the ground until they feel at home, and let the makers of rules read their minds and cheat them blind.
The thing you need to ask yourself is how do the apps, services, and platforms you use benefit yourself. Is the tradeoff of providing your data to some company worth what you get in return? Or, is the price you pay for some service providing you with a benefit commensurate with its price? Personally, I don't feel I am being "cheated blind" by the apps and services I use. If I did feel that way, I wouldn't use them. In fact, I don't use Meta products because I hate their interfaces and how they manipulate people for "engagement." Luckily, nobody in my family uses Meta's stuff much, so I am not missing anything. OTOH, I really like and use many Google products, and so does just about everyone I know. These products provide lots of value for me and my family. But, you have to use them with eyes open that you are paying for them with some of your data being used for advertising purposes.
TenFour is offline   Reply With Quote