View Single Post
Old 29 Jan 2017, 01:08 AM   #8
n5bb
Intergalactic Postmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhollington View Post
... The most straightforward question to ask Comcast is: "If the message is being successfully sent to Freehostia, why is the delivery failure notification coming from Comcast?"
I agree with your comments, but I'm wondering if Comcast didn't actually comment about a specific message (such as the one posted here), but instead just tried sending a message through their servers to anthonytonini.com and had success. In other words, Comcast support could send to that domain, so they didn't perform any other troubleshooting.

Before worrying about why others are having trouble, I think it's best concentrating on what caused the message posted earlier to fail. It's hard for me to ignore the fact that you are sending with a From address and Message-Id which have nothing to do with Comcast. So here are tests I suggest you try:
  • First look at the temporary error messages and see if there are more clues (such as SMTP error numbers). Maybe the temporary failures show detailed error messages, but Comcast just doesn't both to put them in that final permanent error message.
  • Then try using Comcast webmail (with a normal Comcast From address) to send to an address at your anthonytonini.com domain. If that fails, then you really need to get Comcast to tell you why.
  • If that works, then try using your email client through the Comcast outgoing SMTP with your normal Comcast From address.
  • If that words, then investigate why the email client is adding that specific Message-Id and see if you can let Comcast add that header for you by not generating it in the client.
Bill
n5bb is online now   Reply With Quote