View Single Post
Old 18 Mar 2017, 07:28 PM   #13
Pfolson
Essential Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintGermain View Post
That's it then. I cannot use mail.messagingengine.com with my Fastmail password.
Perhaps the first time you use imap.fastmail.com with an app-specific password, it deactivates the possibility to connect to mail.messagingengine.com with the Fastmail password.
I don't think so. I was using imap.fastmail.com with the app-specific password up until this push glitch appeared. I tried a couple of things to make it work -- turning it off and back on, erasing it from the phone and recreating it from scratch, but the push problems continued. It was only then that I recreated my old mail.messagingengine.com account and started using that instead.

I never deleted the app-specific password that I set up for my iPhone when I first switched to imap.fastmail.com. It is still listed on the FastMail settings page, along with all the other app passwords I set up for various computers and e-mail clients. Yet despite that, mail.messagingengine.com is working fine.

One other thought -- are you using your iOS app password for other things? CalDav, perhaps? I only use mine for mail. If you are also using it for Calendar, could that be causing the conflict between "old" and "new?"
Pfolson is offline   Reply With Quote