View Single Post
Old 16 Sep 2019, 08:36 AM   #17
benaboo

Quote:
Originally Posted by TenFour View Post
In my experience as the admin on a business Office 365 account for a small nonprofit I have experienced the same problem receiving emails, even from domains I had regularly been receiving email from. I have made it my routine to regularly look at the Junk folder in order to find important emails I want. Some of these emails are from major companies that should be considered safe senders. Gmail and G Suite filtering is much better, but rather humorously they frequently put Microsoft marketing emails in Spam.
I've experienced the same thing. I have to continually look through our Quarantined email every few days to make sure nothing was missed from clients. I usually just whitelist them and then if their email doesn't get through to other Office365 clients, that's their issue. I do usually try to see if there's something obvious that might be causing it though and let them know, but in this case, everything looked fine and MS was completely unhelpful in helping me determine how to fix what was wrong.

My personal Gmail snags quite a few false-positives, and I have run into some instances where they apparently just reject email entirely and won't even let it arrive as spam. I thought I was going to have to get off gmail with one vendor.

Funny you say how Gmail puts MS marketing in spam. I was telling my co-workers that this week was the first time I went into my Gmail spam folder and there was actually an email from Google in there.
benaboo is offline   Reply With Quote