View Single Post
Old 31 Jul 2022, 11:04 AM   #9
InquiringMind

Thank you, placebo. I appreciate you helping me get this straight.

So, to summarize:

Enom is a marketer of Domain Services for Resellers.

Accuwebhosting is a Domain Registrar that uses Enom as its source.

Accuwebhosting provides access to Enom's simple control panel for Accuwebhosting's customers.

If you use the Default nameservers values, you can also control the settings for MX, SPF, DKIM, Autodiscovery, etc. using Enom's control panel.

If you use another company's nameservers as values in the Enom control panel, you cannot set any other categories like ones for email service like MX, SPF, DKIM, Autodiscovery, etc.

Fastmail is an email hosting service that let you use your own domain for example myowndomain.com

When Fastmail lets you use your own domain, they recommend you set the nameserver values to point to their nameservers. When you do that, Fastmail.com sets the values for MX, SPF, DKIM, Autodiscovery, etc. for you.

The ex why zee dot com is another email service provider that lets you use your own domain. They recommend that you use the default nameservers values from your Registrar, but you have to enter the values for email hosting service for MX, SPF, DKIM, Autodiscovery, etc.yourself. They do not do it for you. So when you enter these values, even though the nameservers are Enom's defaults, the email service values point to The ex why zee dot com. If you wanted to use the nameserver values for The ex why zee dot com, you would have to transfer your domain to be registered by The ex why zee dot com, you must have had your domain for 60 to 90 days, and if you did that, then The ex why zee dot com would set the values for email service ( MX, SPF, DKIM, Autodiscovery, etc. ) for you.

Whatever nameserver values you use is the entity that allows control of the settings for email service ( MX, SPF, DKIM, Autodiscovery, etc. ), but regardless of which service you use to enter those values, they can point to whatever email host you intend to use.

I hope I finally have this right.
InquiringMind is offline   Reply With Quote