View Single Post
Old 12 Apr 2017, 11:53 PM   #1
misc
Essential Contributor

Syncing iOS Reminders

Hi there,

in the FastMail documentation, I found these bit-of-confusing lines:

Quote:
If you'd like to also use your calendar also for iPhone reminders, you can also enable this in the iPhone Settings app.
Warning: Deleting a Reminders list from your phone will also delete the associated FastMail calendar off the server and your phone.
www.fastmail.com/help/clients/iphone.html#calendar

The warning sounds that dangerous, I don’t dare to try it without asking you for some advice. There are mainly two things that I’m not sure about:

1. Why would I want to sync my reminders with FastMail?
Will my reminders with due date show up in the FastMail web calendar? And what will happen to Reminders without any due date? Or is it meant for syncing reminders between iOS/macOS devices only?

2. „Deleting a Reminders list from your phone will also delete the associated FastMail calendar“ – Ehhhh?
I don’t understand that point entirely. What do they mean with „associated calendar“ in that sentence? In iOS, I can’t associate a Reminder list with a calendar. All I could do is snyc a Reminder list with my FastMail calendar account (CalDAV). But with the same account, I can sync multiple calendars (e.g. personal, work etc.). So which one will be deleted if I choose to delete a Reminder list? All of them?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Cheers,
Michael
misc is offline   Reply With Quote