View Single Post
Old 14 Apr 2018, 08:33 AM   #13
ragnar

I'm a longtime lurker who never really intended to ever reply to a post here, but this made me angry enough to register for an account.

Those of you trying to trivialize ferrety's concerns and just telling him to block any new spam resulting from this screw-up by Fastmail are missing the point. As I suspect ferrety does, I have my own domain that I use for email addresses that I give out. My actual Fastmail username, i.e. the email with an @fastmail.com address, is NEVER given out to anyone. It is kept strictly confidential and used only as my login username. Fastmail has now bypassed that extra bit of security by giving out that closely guarded secret to a third party without asking permission to do so.

That's outrageous. Fortunately I haven't received a survey request so I don't appear to be a victim of this debacle, but if I had, I would close my Fastmail account and move my domain over to my Runbox account. I may still do it anyway, I'm that angry about reading that Fastmail would do something stupid like that.
ragnar is offline   Reply With Quote