View Single Post
Old 22 Jun 2011, 04:27 AM   #2
xmailer
Intergalactic Postmaster

I received the following message to the alternate email for my lone existing mail.com account today. As far as I can tell, it's legitimate. I assume they're sending it to inform their older mail.com users of the migration to GMX, and of course, for adverising purposes -- which I assume we've likely agreed to in their TOS.

Quote:

Subject: Come back to check out the new and improved mail.com!
mail.com Mail <service@mail.com> Tue, Jun 21, 2011 at 10:45 AM
Reply-To: service[AT]mail.com
To: [My alternate non-mail.com email address]

Revive your improved mail.com account now!

Hello [My Name],

Do you remember your mail.com email address?

[my user name] AT mail.com

We upgraded your account with an improved interface and great new features! Don't miss out and rejoin the millions of excited customers. Simply go to mail.com and log in to check it out!

go to www.mail.com

If you forgot your password, don't worry! You can get it back here.

On top of our successful email service, many new features and an improved user interface are waiting for you. We're sure you're going to love it. Try it out today...

and see what we have in store for you:
- One easy-to-use interface, that works like your desktop client
- Mail Collector: with a few clicks check out all your other email accounts
- State-of-the-art spam and virus protection
- Improved handling with attachments

As a special treat, you get the chance to win an Apple iPad 2 *!!! Just check back in at mail.com and it could be that you are soon the lucky owner of an Apple iPad 2!

To enter the sweepstake and win an Apple iPad 2, simply send an email from your mail.com account to win.an.iPad[AT]mail.com! The lucky winners will then be notified via their mail.com address during the next three months.

We are waiting for you!

Good luck and kind regards,

Your mail.com team
Just what I needed -- a third useless GMX account. But then, I haven't made any use of the mail.com address for many years anyway, since it has been a long time since that service/domain was in competent hands. (Although the short time it was with AOL was probably the most competently it was being handled in at least close to a decade.)
xmailer is offline   Reply With Quote