View Single Post
Old 15 Aug 2014, 06:29 PM   #1
petergh
Master of the @

Suggestions for solid, small, professional email host offering .com or .net accounts

Hi,

I'm looking for suggestions for an email host to suggest to someone in my family who's trying to get away from Gmail. I know all the regular companies discussed here, but I can't seem to single one out from that lot that meets all the following criteria, so I'm open to other suggestions:
  • Main focus on email hosting, not webhosting or something else.
  • Support for accounts on their own .com or .net domain
  • Strong IMAP support
  • Good, responsive technical support. With responsive I mean tickets are answered within a matter of hours, not days. No layered support.
  • Likely to be around for a long time. Having been around a long time already is a plus, but not required.
  • Privacy-oriented, or at least privacy-conscious.
  • A history of actually keeping the service up-to-date and improving it, not just talking about it and making empty promises.
  • Simple, yet functional, non-proprietary webmail interface. Roundcube or Squirrelmail will do the job just fine.

Cost is not an issue, so suggest anyone that comes to mind. I know some of the items above are vague and perhaps contentious, but it's the best I could do.
petergh is offline   Reply With Quote