View Single Post
Old 3 Jan 2019, 04:14 AM   #37
Tsunami
The "e" in e-mail

Location: in between the bright lights and the far unlit unknown
Listening to some Depeche Mode: "Question of Lust", then "Photographic"

Martin Gore should do lead vocals more often, he has a very nice soothing voice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berenburger View Post
Since 1999, the Top 2000 is an annual marathon radio program, that plays the 2000 most popular songs of all time, from Christmas through New Year's Eve. Hosted by Dutch national radio station NPO Radio 2. Over half of the population of the Netherlands listens to the broadcast each year.

During the 6 to 7 day broadcast, the station broadcasts a set of 2000 songs that have been voted on by the show's audience via Internet voting to be the "most popular songs of all time". Voters can also nominate their own choices.

The song "Bohemian Rhapsody" by Queen has traditionally been voted the most popular song on the countdown (16x).

The top 10 of 2018:
  1. Queen - "Bohemian Rhapsody"

The complete list: https://www.nporadio2.nl/data/downlo...-2000-2018.pdf
In Flanders it's traditionally "Bohemian Rhapsody" too topping this list on the most popular radio station. Generally "Summer of 69" by Bryan Adams is the nr 2, although it could be that in some years' editions there's been a different runner-up. I haven't listened to every year's edition. But very often Bryan Adams was runner-up, always behind "Bohemian Rhapsody".

Studio Brussel, a radio station focussing more on alternative music, generally has a different chart. If I recall well, but I'm unsure by heart, Dutch language song "Mia" by Gorki (sometimes spelled Gorky) was the nr 1 in some editions.

Probably the Walloon radio stations have a similar program with an all-time chart voted by listeners. I would assume at least...
Tsunami is offline   Reply With Quote