View Single Post
Old 6 Dec 2018, 03:54 AM   #8
xyzzy
Essential Contributor

Hey, you're right. I didn't show it in my previous post but I do see "in-addressbook" at the end of the X-Spam-known-sender header (OP's header too).

I have to think about this some more but right now my preference is I rather have a spoofed email from those contacts delivered to my inbox where my email client (Thunderbird set up as POP) can receive it rather than having to more often check the webmail spam folder than I'd like for such emails because I can't trust my contacts list overriding the spam test.

This would mean I have to disable sections 1, 2, and 3 of the sieve script and write my own being careful not to use the UI that might have added stuff to these sections.

Rewriting section 3 or possibly needing stuff for sections 1 and 2 is not that big of a deal though. Ahead of section 1 I already have a big block of code picking off repeat offender spammers (almost 50 so far - my blacklist) and sending them to a different folder which will eventually turn into a giant discard rule. Essentially a blacklist that's not quite ready for prime time which is why I am currently sorting them into their own folder.

That's also where my special whitelist is where I added the *.*.gov test. With that big blacklist a few more lines to rewrite section 3 with the added "in-addressbook" test isn't going to be significant anyway.

Hmm, wonder if I could convince FM to add another checkbox to their Spam Protection settings to let the user decide to always honer the contacts list from the UI level?

Update:
Just thought of a way where I don't have to rewrite sections 1, 2, and 3 (well, maybe the backscatter code). In that block before section 1 where I was going to rewrite the stuff I simply add

Code:
 if not header :contains "X-Spam-known-sender" "in-addressbook" {
at the end of the block before section 1 and a right brace in the editing block before section 4.

Last edited by xyzzy : 6 Dec 2018 at 05:38 AM.
xyzzy is offline   Reply With Quote