View Single Post
Old 26 May 2022, 02:32 PM   #1
gardenweed
Cornerstone of the Community

Image links not appearing

Sometimes I receive email that I know have image links - sometimes that's all they have - but the image links do not appear in the FM web interface.
The email will look totally empty.

However, if I use MS Outlook, the image link will show and Outlook will offer to download the image if I want.

My FM settings are set to "Show remote images from senders in my contacts, otherwise ask"
In this instance the sender is not in my contacts list, so I am not expecting to see the image loaded, but I am expecting to see the option to load the image.
However the body of the email looks totally empty in the FM web UI.
When I open the email in Outlook, the image link is offered to be downloaded by Outlook.

This does not happen to all email that is not in my contact list.
Usually I will see an option to download the image.

I screen all email that is not coming from someone in my contacts list into a folder called "Screen".

Has anyone seen this behaviour where there is no image link observed in the body of an email using the web UI, but when using an email client the image link appears?

Quick update - I have also looked at the raw message in FM and tried searching for the link address (as seen in Outlook), but there is no evidence of the link address in the raw message.

Last edited by gardenweed : 26 May 2022 at 02:34 PM. Reason: More info added
gardenweed is offline   Reply With Quote