View Single Post
Old 6 Dec 2021, 02:10 AM   #7
deedub

I think I may have discovered a workaround for my problem. I am using the Wp forms plug-in in Word Press, members complete a COVID waiver form online, and when submitted they get a nicely formatted email with their completed form, which they can show to the activity leader. After changing the settings for WP forms to send emails as Plain Text rather than HTML, the emails are now being delivered promptly to all addressees, rather than 12 hours later for shaw.ca addressees. The emails are no longer nicely formatted, but we can live with that.

Obviously Shaw doesn’t have a problem with most html emails, it is just these particular ones created by WP forms, and strangely only when I use Mailpoet to send the emails. It is not obvious (to me) what exactly it was in my html emails that caused Shaw to delay delivery, but at least I now have a potential workaround.

Of course I could be wrong about my workaround, I guess it is possible that it works this morning only because Shaw is in a better mood today, time will tell.
deedub is offline   Reply With Quote