View Single Post
Old 25 Aug 2017, 06:25 AM   #1
redgreenski

Fastmail needs reduction in clicks

I have been a member for 2 years now and just renewed my subscription for another year so I have been using both webmail app and iPhone app for quite awhile.

I noticed that multiple functions in both the web app and iPhone app require more than one click. For example:

3 clicks are required for the following:
Address Book, Calendar, Notes, Files and Settings

2 clicks are required for the following:
Inbox, Archive, Drafts, Sent, Spam, Trash

You could reduce the number of clicks by provide shortcuts at the top bar. You already have a shortcut to creating new message at the top right corner and it works very well. This could be expanded to the above items and thus reducing the number of clicks to 1.

Furthermore clicking left sided arrow expands menu, there is another arrow which expands another menu. It feels like there is too many menus and too many clicks. It would be easier to combine both menus into one larger one covering entire screen. I see no reason to see half of my inbox while one menu is expanded. Apple mail does that, hotmail does that as well and it works well and it feels simple and less cluttered.

I am not an app developer but I can imagine that placing graphic shortcuts should not be hard to implement.
redgreenski is offline   Reply With Quote