View Single Post
Old 14 Apr 2018, 10:03 PM   #14
TenFour
Master of the @

I'm currently just forwarding emails from Namesilo to Gmail and then using Gmail to "send as" my various domain addresses. It works pretty well, but has a few limitations. I set the SMTP server as Google's since Namesilo doesn't offer SMTP. The sending limit is 100 emails every 24 hours and if someone wants to dig into the email headers they will see that the actual reply-to address is your Gmail address, but most people won't do that and they see whatever your domain email is in the Inbox: yourname@yourdomain.com. Namesilo email forwarding works great and I have set up multiple addresses that can forward to multiple places. Despite what some people tell you, I have had no problems with forwarding. I was using POBox.com for mail forwarding and sending, with Gmail as my inbox, and that worked pretty well for me. I ran into a few glitches and wasn't 100% happy with the customer service resolving them, but overall I would rate the service as solid. At $20 a year it is a cheap, reliable way to send and receive email from your own domain. For $50 you can get a 50GB inbox and webmail. There are lots of email providers out there. My searches look for three things: reliability, security, price. That rules out a lot of the smaller providers simply because it is hard to determine how reliable and secure they are, and most decent services end up around $50 a year.
TenFour is offline   Reply With Quote