View Single Post
Old 3 Oct 2015, 07:20 AM   #1
FastAlex

Android App Feaure Request - Push Notifications For Multiple Folders

I would like the capability to subscribe to push notifications for any (reasonably small) number of my folders, instead of just my Inbox.

I use Kaiten Mail on my Android phones for exactly this reason - even though I use + addressing to create aliases for all of my friends (personal domain/email) and customers (work domain/email), I have Kaiten set up so only a small subset of folders subscribe to new email push notifications in each domain - keeps me from getting overwhelmed by notifications while letting me keep up to date for the folders I REALLY care about. I have a LOT of folders in my personal domain, but only a phone screenful that I have set up for push notifications.

I'd be fine with using my desktop (Web) client to select the folders of interest rather than having to deploy this kind of feature to the phone app. Kaiten does it all on the phone, which means that if you create / move folders for which you want phone notifications, then you have to: open up the displayed folder list, refresh the folder list, find the new / moved folders, change their push setting, then close up the displayed folder list.

--
Alex
FastAlex is offline   Reply With Quote