View Single Post
Old 4 Apr 2011, 08:26 PM   #34
OzySites

Representative of:
Ozymail.com.au
Quote:
Originally Posted by xmailer View Post
I don't know whether this service is connected in any way or not, but the webmail interface looks a lot like that of a couple other services discussed in these forums quite awhile ago (whose names/domains unfortunately now elude my memory), whose proprietor(s) seemed to virtually spam this forum similar to the way this one appears to me to be doing now, and which I believe were relatively short-lived after a similar initial flurry of "excitement" to what I see here.

Between this déjÃ* vu feeling and what seems to me a possibly questionable definition of "spam" by the OP and other issues raised in this thread, for now I remain decidedly skeptical of the service under discussion here.
Hello Skeptic

I am sorry to hear that you feel this way.

I came to an emailing forum to introduce and discuss our new free emailing services. there is nothing in the rules that says I cannot do that although the rules do state that I must indroduce myself as such owner which I did.

Spamming as you call it would be quite a harsh word given I know all about spamming as we constantly fight/work against it.

What you see here is not called spamming, it is just 1 single topic which has interested others.

I see within this forum there is this category (Email Service Provider-specific Forums ) I am quite happy to be moved to there as being part of an emailing forum can only help us better our services to our users.
What is required to request for this topic to be moved to that specific category?

We are not connected to any other webmail services what so ever as we are a company called Ozy Industries based in Australia who owns quite a number of websites. Actually we are only about a year old and less for some of our websites as we are still creating them to complete our business structure.

As for not being around long! Considering we deal with website hosting services and quite a large number of other online services we are not about to close down as we own well over 200 domain names with only about 10% filled out.

Plus the word OZY is a registered/protected trademark name which was not done because we had nothing better to do.

Quote:
whose proprietor(s) seemed to virtually spam this forum similar to the way this one appears to me to be doing now
All I have done is introduce a free email service and then answered questions for interested parties about that service. This is what a forum is all about isn't it. I know ours is. I do not know you or know what you do as I am not going to check your profile to find out, But it seems you may be a bit upset that we have take some interest in such a short time which I didn't expect myself, personally trying to degrade a service just because they are atracting interest is not what I see as being a good sport.

The other matter which is most important is the mention of our faults within our system. Before being here we where not aware of these issues and completely welcome those telling use where the problems/issues are as this only helps us create an even better service issue free which is what we are after.

I am happy to have found this forum and hope that we are not considered spammers here as this is just a single topic on a specific subject as first mentioned in my first post.

Yes we do have our own forum but this is only new and doesn't have the traffic which allows us to communicate with users at the moment. Plus if you notice I placed a topic there from here linking it back to here within that topic. As a webmaster I do understand the differences about what is right and wrong as I would expect the same respect within our own.

Cheers
Phil