View Single Post
Old 4 Nov 2007, 07:36 AM   #15
theog
= Permanently banned =

Quote:
Originally Posted by n5bb View Post
My feeling is that there are no guarantees about spam. Certain behaviors can make it easier for the spammers to get to you, but there is no magic method for excluding them from your domain. My problem with using a local-part containing "spam" is that some recipients may accidentally or purposefully filter out manually or automatically email from such a name. But it's your domain, and you can do with it what you will.

Bill
In my case I use it for domains and other stuff where I'm expecting a return email immediately. Like I said, been using it for years without any issues… but yes, I see your point, if you were to use the domain as a “regular” domain it might get filtered. I could see the word spam getting trapped in some custom filters if in the headers. Lol…

In my case, I don’t care since if I think someone has sent a help request (not support, but help) and I think it is spam, but I want to answer (just in case), I’ll send it from there… been doing it for years…

I don’t know why I don’t get any spam on it…. Maybe I should take one of my other domains and put the same name before the @ and post it all over the net and see what happens. lol
theog is offline   Reply With Quote