View Single Post
Old 17 Dec 2002, 11:06 AM   #121
netweasel

FastMail Testimonials

Dear Neerav,

I agree that there should be a "testimonials" section.

But it is difficult to separate favorable postings from others and put them all into one specific place. I suspect that virtually every message posted has something good to say about FastMail, so how do the operators of the service segregate favorable comments?

I think it is enough that potential new users may examine the things we established users say to each other here.

When I first considered using FastMail, I read reviews available from a Google search concerning the service; then I logged onto FastMail as a POTENTIAL new user, and read the comments that people like you made about the service. I was convinced, so I started a trial membership. A month later, I abandoned the FREE service, and actually spent money to obtain better service. I am now on the cusp of upgrading again, becoming a monthly subscriber and "payer." The only problem is that I don't NEED more service than I already have, so paying monthly isn't appropriate for me. But I want to pay monthly, simply because the service is so good that I feel guilty not paying for it. Oh, I know, I paid that "one off" fee, so I have put something into the kitty, but given the level of service I find here on FastMail, that "one-off" fee isn't enough for what I'm receiving. So I feel an urge to upgrade, even if I don't need the upgrade, because I want to pay my way wherever I go. This service is worth good money to me, and I am not comfortable with using it and not continuously paying.

The operators of this service, of course, will disagree. They have organized their service in such a way that the FREE services, even those that require a "one-off" payment, are more than sufficient for those of us of limited means. I personally feel that I am not paying enough.

I recommend FastMail everywhere I go. FastMail needs no advertising -- it is legendary. It needs no special, "testimonials section" to tell those who don't use it what it is all about.

Thanks for reaffirming my faith in the service.

Bye for now,
Rick
netweasel is offline   Reply With Quote