View Single Post
Old 27 Jan 2020, 12:13 PM   #12
noclue
Cornerstone of the Community

I use DDG to search for a business site. I order what I need, and then I proceed to the checkout. (I am registered at many of the sites, but not the ones I use infrequently.) I fill out pertinent data required by the site and then attempt to place the order. Sometimes it looks like I have placed the order. I get a confirmation notice of receipt of the order, but the item ordered never arrives. Sometimes I get no receipt for the order at all. Most commonly, I receive an on-screen notice on the business’ checkout page that my order cannot be processed.So I change browsers, but then the same problem hung happens.

I have contacted vendors about the problem, but they all (100%) will tell me that the problem is on my end, not theirs. WalMart Pharmacy is one example. iHerb and Vitacost are other examples. I just usually change to another company. What happens then is that I can order from the new company for a while, and then the problem starts all over again.

When I shop at Amazon, I have to sign in every time. I do not sign in at many other companies as they do not require it. Some do; some don’t. In the latter case, I have to be a “returning customer” with an account, but that sign-in comes at checkout.

I never receive any error notices with these transactions (or attempted transactions).
noclue is offline   Reply With Quote