View Single Post
Old 1 Apr 2020, 07:57 PM   #20
xyzzy
Essential Contributor

Can someone confirm or explain the following sequence of events using the beta version of FastMail (beta.fastmail.com)...

In folder "mode" (preferences/mail/folders) create a rule that uses Move to Spam. You will see Spam in the menu list of folder selections so you can select it. Save the rule.

Switch to labels mode and then go back to edit that rule. You should now see the Move to has become Add label and it's still to Spam (inherited from when it was set in folders "mode").

Now try to change the Move to label to some other label on the menu drop down list. The list will not include Spam and if you select some other label in the list you won't be able to set it back to Spam because it's not on the list. At least that's the behavior I am seeing.

So should Spam be a valid Add label choice? Or could this be a browser specific problem? Or is this a real bug that I should ticket? I'd just like to confirm others are seeing this behavior too.

Note I first stumbled on this fooling around with labels and noticed Spam was missing on the Add label list. Then I figured out I could fake it out by setting Spam while in folders mode. So you can simply test without the folders step and just try to create a rule in labels mode that wants to Add the Spam label. Can you?

Update:
Just noticed Archive is also not in the Add label list.

Last edited by xyzzy : 2 Apr 2020 at 04:36 AM.
xyzzy is offline   Reply With Quote