View Single Post
Old 5 Aug 2018, 11:24 PM   #5
Jacinto
Essential Contributor

Good day and thank you, TenFour!

Another excellent suggestion, but not for me.

In 2007, I subscribed to a paid Google Apps account which is now "grandfathered" to a point.

Although it worked as advertised, I moved to Fastmail because of privacy concerns and haven't regretted it until the last couple of years.

I do send mail from it occasionally (when all the recipients have GMail E-Mail addresses and I want to make sure there are no delivery hiccups).

I also publish GMail MX RR for a "throwaway" domain.

Having said all of that, I would not be willing to use GMail in the manner you suggest. I want to go forward, not backward. Although I'm seriously considering not renewing my Fastmail subscription when it expires next year, I would not go back to GMail as my primary E-Mail provider (even though my GApps account is free).

Runbox is looking better and better. However, there is one fact that holds me back, no US mail servers. I understand that most people are delighted that there are none and other people probably intentionally choose RB because of it.

Personally, although I have nothing to hide, I woudn't cherish the idea that my messages need to traverse the Atlantic Ocean twice before they reach their recipients or me, thusly being more or less in the open for any entity that wants to intercept them. From what I understand, only amateurs can't decrypt TLS.

We'll see whether or not I have a different perspective next June.

--
Jacinto
Jacinto is offline   Reply With Quote