View Single Post
Old 16 Aug 2017, 01:57 PM   #16
soromak
Cornerstone of the Community

Quote:
Originally Posted by ioneja View Post

In my experience, once you get above about 10MB, the immediacy and convenience of email starts hitting obstacles, with increasingly diminishing returns as you increase attachment size. Once you go above 25MB, you lose Gmail and other major providers... and once you pass 50MB you've lost most of the big players. Once you go over 100MB you are just chewing up bandwidth and file storage like crazy, and it doesn't make much sense. At least not when even Dropbox can handle files that are theoretically unlimited, up to the capacity of your storage.

Just my two bits.
Gmail has increased message size limit for inbound to 50MB (outbound of larger attachments is done by Google Drive) and Office 365 increased it to 150MB based on the feedback from users.And I can see an increased trend of businesses moving to MS Cloud. So definitely there is a demand for larger attachment size from average user base. Just adding more and more services for sharing large files is more complicated for an average user sending large Powerpoint file and with a need to create more accounts at different file sharing platforms and so on poses a security risk and requires additional costs.
soromak is offline   Reply With Quote