View Single Post
Old 19 Jan 2016, 05:07 AM   #1
jkc054

Question Fastmail Android App - cannot view/download attachments, other issues

I am having a number of issues with the Fastmail App for my Android tablet. The Android version is 5.0. I got the Fastmail app from the Google Play store and the version is 1.05.04

1. On my W7 laptop I logged into Fastmail using Firefox and attached a 6.9 mb pdf file to an email that I sent to my Fastmail email address. When I went to my Android tablet and logged into my Fastmail account using the Fastmail app I can see the email and the attachment but cannot open the attached pdf file to view it. I cannot download the pdf file to my tablet.

2. I do not have access to the Files area of my Fastmail account when I use the Fastmail app for my tablet. I do not see it as a choice to pick when I open the drop down menu in the upper left hand corner of Fastmail. I also don't see as a choice Password and Security, Help, Switch Users, etc. like I can when I log into Fastmail from my W7 laptop using the Firefox browser.

I assumed the Fastmail app experience would be identical to my experience when accessing Fastmail on my W7 laptop using FF as to functionality but I guess I am wrong?

My tablet is a RCA 10 Viking Pro model RCT6303W87 DK.

I just submitted a ticket with Fastmail support too. Keeping my fingers crossed!

Last edited by jkc054 : 19 Jan 2016 at 05:34 AM.
jkc054 is offline   Reply With Quote