View Single Post
Old 14 Sep 2018, 07:54 AM   #1
Tsunami
The "e" in e-mail

Location: in between the bright lights and the far unlit unknown
Favourites in MS Edge odd behaviour

In my browser (previously MS Internet Explorer, since the upgrade to Windows 10 it's Microsoft Edge) I mark a lot of webpages as favourites. Not Always pages I visit often, but also webpages or sites I wish to not forget about ; marking them as favourites and having them listed amongst the saved favourites means I'll never totally forget about those pages since they pop up in the (long) list of websites I marked as favourite.

In MS Edge, usually a webpage can be marked as favourite by clicking the empty (colourless) star in the very right corner of the URL bar. Once marked as favourite, that star will colour yellow/gold and the site is saved amongst your Favourites.

Also, usually when typing the first characters of a web address marked as favourite, it will be auto-completed in the URL bar with a star icon to the left of it.

Lately my browser is behaving a bit odd though: once I revisit a webpage I saved in my Favourites, the star icon to the left of the URL (autocompleted in my browser) is gone and replaced by an icon that looks like a small clock.
Also, sometimes if I re-visit a webpage I marked as a Favourite, the star in the right corner of the URL bar is colourless again and I have to click it again to make it yellow/gold-ish again (as if re-visiting the page un-marks the website as a Favourite and I'd have to save it as a Favourite again ; which cannot be the purpose since many people save pages they very frequently visit as a Favourite)

Did anyone else experience a similar issue? Or does anyone know how this can be resolved? I don't want sites to be marked as a Favourite to disappear from my list of favourites simply by visiting the same site again ...
Tsunami is offline   Reply With Quote