View Single Post
Old 31 Jan 2024, 07:23 PM   #17
hadaso
The "e" in e-mail

Right now I have none. for 20 years or more I thought about having one, but since there's a choice to be made on where and how to do it, I never got to do it. I do have some abandoned blogs that I tried and haven't kept. I had one blog about 15 years ago where I wrote anonymously about local spam. After the spam clause in Israel's communication privacy law went into effect most of the local spam I was receiving disappeared within a couple of days, and since then I get very little spam, and I stopped writing about it (of course people are still complaining about all the spam they get, but since I use mostly disposable addresses for anything that is not work or family or close friends I know that almost all of this is actually the side effect of agreeing to addresses being shared with advertisers). So I lost interest with that one, and had almost nothing to add to it, and eventually the platform was closed and it's gone.
There's a good reason to have separate blogs when they are dedicated to particular topics or a particular audience.
If Fastmail had some built in blogging capability in the file storage that can be migrated to other platforms I would probably have used it, (and never migrate elsewhere).
hadaso is offline   Reply With Quote