View Single Post
Old 26 Feb 2022, 02:35 PM   #4
BritTim
The "e" in e-mail

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellentk View Post
Thanks, BritTim. I wish there was a way to keep them. I'll go into more detail about what's happening and maybe there's something or in addition else to try.

Quite a few messages that are automatically forwarded to my fastmail account are suddenly not being delivered. I can see them on the other server and from the headers, it looks like they are being forwarded (although I'm waiting for that company's tech support to verify that) so I'm figuring that perhaps my fastmail spam filters are blocking them.

Why this suddenly started happening after being with fastmail for 14 years, I don't know. When I looked at my spam filter settings, which I haven't looked at in close to 14 years, I noticed a new setting: "Forwarding hosts." I added smtp.___.com (the ISP forwarding the messages) and that seemed to help somewhat.

I'm also wondering if the "personal spam filter" in my settings is my sieve script and if so, or if not, is there a way to get into my sieve script or see if I have one, and modify it? Then I can remove any servers the undelivered email passes through and see if that will help.

I've been waiting for a higher level of fastmail support to get back to me but in the meantime I figured I'd try some troubleshooting on my own.
It is possible to modify the sieve script, using custom sieve changes, such that all messages that would normally be discarded as a result of failing spam checks are instead delivered to a special folder. It is a long time since I did this, but someone else who has done it more recently will hopefully be along to give you detailed instructions.

EDIT: Actually, as I recall, you can achieve the same result by changing the protection level such that deleting messages with greater than a certain spam score is disabled. You should still also check your Rules to ensure that you do not have any situations where messages are discarded anyway.

Last edited by BritTim : 26 Feb 2022 at 02:43 PM.
BritTim is offline   Reply With Quote