View Single Post
Old 20 Dec 2001, 05:47 AM   #6
Jeremy Howard
Ultimate Contributor

Re: Also, Delivered-To?

Quote:
Originally posted by spruce
Two posts back you mentioned the All Headers filter searching the "Delivered-To" header from some other ISPs. Is this the same as your "Envelope"?
No, it's not the same. See this thread for details.

Quote:
If I got a webspace with secure cgi script access that forwarded everything at anyuser@mydomain to a single fastmail.fm account, does "Delivered-To" also usually include plus addressing special words?
Often it does. But really you should use Envelope, which alwayscontains plus addressing special words.

Quote:
I realize some of my questions have to do with items that are transparent to most users, but to those interested in email security and the like, the answers should at least be interesting, and since you've handled the rest of this implementation so expertly, you would be the ones to help us understand.
These kinds of questions would probably be best asked on news://news.fastmail.fm/webmail.fastmail.techie if you have NNTP access. Otherwise, just ask them here--I'm just trying to avoid this forum getting too offputting for new users not familiar with the techie details...
Jeremy Howard is offline   Reply With Quote