View Single Post
Old 17 Apr 2024, 11:11 AM   #8
n5bb
Intergalactic Postmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gankaku View Post
I only saw a few themes. I AM using the dark theme - but it was on before and it was really nice looking. How are you seeing a "wide" range of themes?...
I don't see any changes over the past month in the appearance of my Fastmail accounts, viewed on my Windows PC in Firefox. iPad using the DuckDuckGo browser or the iPadOS Fastmail app, or on my iPhone using the iOS Fastmail app. If you didn't change anything in your browser or PC display settings, these new Fastmail features might be causing some confusion if you don't know they have changed:
  • First, the width you have set for the message listing portion of the screen changes it's appearance. In some cases this changes based on the screen resolution, text size (CTL+ and CTL- and CTL0 on a PC with most browsers), and browser overall window width.
  • With some message listing widths, you will see three columns (From sender, Subject, and Date/Time). If you squeeze the message listing narrower, this changes to show two columns, with the From sender on a line above the Subject and the Date/Time to the right.
  • You can change the message listing column width by slowing moving your mouse over the left edge (if it's visible) of the column or the right edge of the column until the change width icon appears (green horizontal arrow for me) and then clicking and dragging that edge to change the column width.
  • There is a new icon near the upper left, to the right of "Mail". If you mouse-over that icon, you can see it allows you to show or hide the left sidebar (folder/label list).
  • There is also a similar sidebar icon on the far upper right. If the right sidebar is active it may sit tiled on the screen to the right of the message list or reading pane, or if the sidebar is wider it may slide over to cover up part of the message list or reading pane. You can drag horizontally the left edge of the right sidebar to change it's width. At the top of the right sidebar you can choose to show your Fastmail Calendar, People (Sender and Recipients in the selected message if In conversation is selected, or all or part of your Contacts), Attachments of the selected message, or New features of the Fastmail user interface).
In Settings>Display options>Theme:
  • You can set the Appearance to Light or Dark, or switch light/dark based on the operating system settings.
  • Change the color to one of four preset themes.
  • Use a custom theme, where you can change the light mode and dark mode header and accent.
  • Change the Button style between Modern and Bold.
  • Change the Display name in the upper left corner of the page.
In Accessibility:
  • Change the text size (Standard or Large), the User Interface Font (Proxima Nova or System), use a monospaced font for plain text, and enable keyboard shortcuts (not a display feature).
In Mail:
  • Show or hide the reading pane, choose whether to use threads (group messages with their replies) or show messages separately, and a couple of other settings.
  • In Show advanced preferences, you can choose to view messages in Rich text or Plain text and a few other settings.
Bill
n5bb is offline   Reply With Quote