View Single Post
Old 17 Apr 2018, 09:32 PM   #32
brong
The "e" in e-mail

Representative of:
Fastmail.fm
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrety View Post
It seems to be their only concern. They have made it clear they don't believe it is wrong to give out our email addreses. I have heard nothing since Saturday when I was told they would have a meeting on Monday (yesterday).
It is now Tuesday evening over there.....
Yep, we had the meeting. The result is that we won't be using the "willing to receive newsletters" checkbox as a way to select people to send questionnaires in future.

We will still use third parties as appropriate for our needs.

This thread made some suggestions for other ways we could have approached this, which are fine. They would have all involved some additional work which wasn't considered warranted by the people making the decisions. Based on your feedback, we will take a different approach next time.

You appear to have a solution (renaming the account) which works fine to resolve the issue, and I'm also happy to provide you a full refund if you're not satisfied with that resolution.

Also:

Quote:
That you think it ok to publicly discuss in front of the entire internet the results of 'monitoring' a private account makes me feel even more violated.
Da fuq? I suggested monitoring the old username after you had renamed to see if it was being abused. That's a name on fastmail.com - a namespace owned by us - that would no longer be used at that point.

Regards,

Bron.
brong is offline   Reply With Quote