View Single Post
Old 18 Jun 2020, 07:23 PM   #18
JamesHenderson
Cornerstone of the Community

Quote:
Originally Posted by xyzzy View Post
I am not sure I understand your question with respect to "used your own scripts anyway". You can't suppress the standard FM boilerplate sieve code that handles the UI rules and settings and I do have a few explicit UI rules that I didn't want to write my own sieve code for since the UI was adequate for those. I have my extra sieve code (stuff that cannot be done in the UI) in the first edit block and the last edit block just as I had in the "old" sieve code. So my sieve additions works in either "old" or "new". I guess the more direct answer to your question is "no" this switch does not affect me in any way.

If I had to choose something that did bother me a little however it's that new FM generated code for fileinto which has some additional options that I don't fully understand what problem they are trying to address (some edge with IMAP maybe?). I wish I understood that better not that I could do the same thing with any fileinto's I would code since I would have to know mailboxid's.
You can (kind of) suppress the code by not setting any rules using the UI and writing them yourself.

I wrote all all my rules myself (you helped me - thanks for that!) in the "old" system as it allowed me to do more sophisticated things and I merely copy/paste'd them into the new system - works fine. One of the reasons for sticking with my own code is that I can still do things like:

if this and at least one of those 2:

Code:
if allof(
   address :contains "From" [<email-1>, <email-2>],
   anyof(
      header :contains "Subject" [<word-1>, <word-2>],
      body :text :contains [<phrase-1>, <phrase-2>, <phrase-3>]
      )
   )
{
   redirect :copy "<email-3>";
   }