View Single Post
Old 12 Jun 2010, 03:08 AM   #4
kaptitsky
The "e" in e-mail

I will say that I don't find Yahoo IMAP particularly robust.

I have one Yahoo mail account with a lot of mail in it -- folders with 21000, 31000, 1100 mails, etc. -- and that account regularly goes flaky, giving errors, trying to login, locking out, and so on.

It's fine for regular mail checks, but that one account shows me not everything is robust with the Yahoo IMAP implementation.

=============

Note: the downloadable version of Thunderbird offered above that has been modified to do the Yahoo IMAP trick is a beta version of 3.0, which is why it's called Shredder. I know that there have been fixes in the current 3.0 to make IMAP more reliable; this might be part of the problem.

I'm not running Linux, so I don't have a c compiler immediately available, so I can't get current source and recompile, so I'm stuck until someone else compiles a trick version.

Nicely, Shredder doesn't overwrite current Thunderbird 3, so I have both of them available, and my desktop shortcuts are modified to access different profiles; my standard accounts in released 3 and my Yahoo accounts in the older Shredder.

It's nice to check all accounts in one client, including one account that doesn't have POP3 access even with the region thing, even if that client isn't the best.

Last edited by kaptitsky : 26 Jun 2010 at 07:42 PM.
kaptitsky is offline   Reply With Quote